|This Month's Totals and Average|
|0.00 miles||0 locks||0.00 hrs||0.00 lmph|
Went to doctor last Friday for routine checkup, but he decided he needed to see me again. Was a little worried that the fuel level aboard may be getting low (I'd left the heating running), so drove down Monday. Left in bright sunshine, but drove into misty rain.
Found that the heating had failed some time over the last four weeks. Did what I could Tuesday, but was unable to get it started again. Needed to return for doctor so had to leave "Paws" with no heating until after that.
Drove back north again on Wednesday. Will return as soon as doctor is satisfied. Mostly mist and drizzle on the way north, but clearing slightly by the time I reached Edinburgh.
Did some initial prep after the New Year as regards possible routes for this year's cruise - possible routes included Kennet & Avon and Leeds & Liverpool. Found that there were stoppages on the Bridgewater that may over-run to as late as June. Looks like it could well be Oxford Canal, Thames, and K&A with possible deviations to Lechlade, Basingstoke and Godalming.
"Paws" has been laid up at base since mid-November so that I could be home for the birth of our first grandchild . More news once I return to the boat in the new year.