|This Month's Totals and Average|
|0.00 miles||0 locks||0.00 hrs||0.00 lmph|
Friday, Saturday and Sunday beautiful sunny days so finally got the outside completely scrubbed down, ready for getting away. Rain back again Monday, but better Tuesday. Managed to get one side polished. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday again lovely days (even if the forecasts had said showers were possible). Finished the polishing and, in view of a good forecast for the coming week, got all our final preparations done for departure on this year's 'big cruise' - away tomorrow, yippee!
Sunday cloudy with showers, Monday more heavy rain. Planning meeting - final decision taken to head for Kennet & Avon via Oxford, and return via Grand Union. (our Plans Page has been updated)
Tuesday was a sunny day (until dinner time, when the rain returned). Took a day out shopping - to MidChan for a 4-wheel trolley (stores etc), to Derby for a look round the market (topped up spices at an excellent stall), to Shobnall for lunch (unfortunately, the franchise at the café has changed and they no longer do the excellent soups - very disappointed), then back via food stores - profitable day.
Wednesday more heavy rain. Thursday sunny, but with a stiff breeze which was quite cool. Managed a couple of outside jobs before it became unpleasant in the wind.
Pat's departure from the house delayed by a puncture - travelled south Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday spent getting her settled back in (and her re-arranging stuff!). Beautiful sunny days. Attended the local (Lichfield) branch IWA AGM - fascinating talk on the restoration of the Claverton Pumping Engine on the K&A (hope to visit it this summer). Thursday and Friday dull, cooler with showers, Saturday slightly better - generally pottered.
Sunday gave us heavy showers throughout, but Monday and Tuesday were fine and bright. Engineer finally rang Monday afternoon to say that he had narrowed it down to a failed controller and hoped to have the job done by Wednesday. Completed running the extra 12v electrical circuit for tech (so that it wasn't on a variety of other circuits). Mooring fees all paid up - that's all the big annual bills paid.
Wednesday came and went - and so did Thursday! (Lovely sunny days, ideal for re-fitting the heater). Kept going with the other jobs. Finally got a call from the heater people on Friday. Put it back in (went in easily) and ran it up - large clouds of white smoke for about 30 minutes, but it finally ran clear.
Saturday overcast but warmer than of late. A drive to chandlers for bits for next job, then spent remainder of day clearing up and cleaning ready for Pat returning tomorrow.
Took the heater to a local dealer for investigation, then continued working on other outstanding items. Stayed dry all day Wednesday and Thursday. Took "Paws" across to the services berth to give the engine a run up - got more coal while there. Nice to see the local CRT licence enforcement lady out checking the marina - hope she had a profitable day. Rain returned Friday, but cleared again for Saturday. No news about heater by close of play - hope there's better news Monday. Insurance, breakdown and licence organised for the coming year (just the mooring to pay).