|Overseen by||Alfred Walker|
|Grand Junction C.||Cowley Peachey Jct|
Initially proposed by Hubert Thomas as a link between the Grand Junction Canal at Bull's Bridge and Slough, the plan was later amended to run from Cowley Peachey, and was shortened as the original terminus would have encroached on the estates of the Duke of Leeds. It was designed to carry bricks from the proposed new brickworks in Slough into the centre of London. Commercial brick and gravel traffic peaked in 1905 continuing into the 1930's, a timber trade propping up the canal in the 1940's but the canal eventually saw its last cargo in 1960. A restoration group secured its future and it re-opened in 1975. There is an approved proposal to create a new link from its terminus in Slough to the Thames.
The Slough Arm is a lock-free 5 miles long, running almost straight from Cowley Peachey Junction on the Grand Junction Canal (Grand Union) to Slough. Although it runs along the backs of industrial units for most of its length, they intrude little due to the trees on either side.