Boulton & Watt Foundry, Birmingham

photo of foundry from east sidephoto of foundry from west side
The foundry was built at the side of The Birmingham Canal in 1775 to manufacture a variety of forged products. The works was innovative in several spheres of manufacture, accounting processes, personnel management, sickness benefit and welfare.

The building, now owned by Avery Weigh-Tronics and Avery Berkel, is Grade II Listed. The oldest working steam engine, built here, is now in ThinkTank .


Valid CSS! Valid HTML4.01 Strict