Cadbury's Wharf, Frampton-on-Severn

photo of wharf at Frampton
This factory and its attendant wharf were opened by Cadbury's around 1916. Local milk and prepared cocoa beans were mixed to create 'chocolate crumb' which was then transported by narrowboat to their chocolate factory at Bourneville near Birmingham. It was in use until 1983. This factory did essentially the same process as that at Knighton  on the Shropshire Union Canal.


Valid CSS! Valid HTML4.01 Strict