Gas Street and Paradise Basins

photo of old entrance to Paradise Wharf
The Paradise Street Branch, completed in 1773, extended the original main line from Old Turn at "the roundabout", through to Gas Street then under Bridge Street to wharves and warehouses (Paradise Wharf). It formed one side of the "Worcester Bar" with the Worcester & Birmingham Canal at the other side. This photo, taken from the footbridge over Worcester Bar Lock, looks across Gas Street Basin to the arch which originally gave onto Paradise Wharf.


Valid CSS! Valid HTML4.01 Strict