The Battlefield Line runs on a section of the old Ashby and Nuneaton Joint Railway which was opened in 1873. The current railway, operated by the Shackerstone Railway Society, runs between Shackerstone and Shenton, with a third station at Market Bosworth - a distance of 5 miles. Shackerstone station houses a Victorian tearoom and a small museum of railway memorabilia. Shenton station is within walking distance of the site of the Battle of Bosworth Field, with its Heritage Centre . There is also a glass-blower who works in the station building. All three stations are easily accessible from the canal towpath (Shackerstone at Bridge 52, Market Bosworth at Bridge 42, Shenton at Shenton Aqueduct).