Sydney Gardens in Bath, originally named Bath Vauxhall Gardens, opened in 1795 as a commercial pleasure garden, with attractions including a sham castle, grotto, maze, and artificial rural scene with moving figures powered by clockwork. The layout was adjusted when the canal and railway cut through the gardens, with the canal company paying 2000 guineas for the privilege and being instructed to ensure "neat iron bridges". The park is Grade II listed in the Register of Historic Parks and Gardens, and all the buildings are also Listed, including the cast-iron public conveniences.
The top two photos are taken looking along the canal from one of the bridges, number 3 shows the "neat iron bridges" from the canal, number 4 shows the "orchestra", and number 5 is a view of Sydney House. The building in the background in photo 1 is Cleveland House, the headquarters of the Kennet & Avon Canal Company, which straddled the canal creating a tunnel - a trapdoor in the roof of the tunnel enabled documents to be passed from the building above to the boatmen in the tunnel below.